1. You must complete the Firearms Safety Course first. (Note: For CCW Renewals Only-as of January 2009, the Sheriff no longer requires a Firearms Safety Course.)
2. After completion of the course, you must call to schedule an appointment for the application process. You must make an appointment with Cheryl Griffin (694-3156).
3. At the time of your appointment you will complete a packet of materials necessary for the application process. You must bring the following to your appointment:
- A Firearms Safety Training Course Certificate as mandated by the State of NC(Note: For CCW Renewals Only-as of January 2009, the Sheriff no longer requires a Firearms Safety Course.)
- A ninety dollar ($90) application fee in the form of cash (exact change), check, or a money order payable to the “Henderson County Sheriff’s Office”
- A valid North Carolina drivers license. The name and address on your license must agree with the name and address on your application.
- All former military personnel must bring a copy of their DD214
Henderson County Sheriff's Office
100 North Grove Street | Hendersonville, North Carolina 28792
Administration Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm