Looking For..?
Department Banner

Housing or Rental Assistance

Hendersonville Housing Authority (All Federal Section 8 Housing Programs) (828) 692-6175

Hendersonville Housing Authority is located at 203 N. Justice Street Hendersonville, NC 28739. Their phone number is 828-692-6175.

The Hendersonville Housing Authority has 383 apartments ranging in size from efficiencies to 5 bedrooms. Apartments are located at scattered sites throughout Hendersonville and in Etowah and Fletcher. Communities are designated family, elderly, and elderly-disabled. They provide low-income housing based on income. Utilities are included in the rent, with a charge for excess usage of utilities. 24-hour maintenance and lawn care are provided.

Western Carolina Community Action (WCCA) (828) 693-1711


Western Carolina Community Action (WCCA) is the designated public housing agency for Henderson County and distributes Section 8 Vouchers. The Section 8 Voucher Program is a rent subsidy program funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The programs enable very low-income families to obtain standard housing.

To be eligible, an applicant individual or family must be very low-income (below 50% of area median). Families/individuals are expected to contribute 30% of adjusted monthly income toward rent and utility expenses; the balance, subject up to established ceilings, is subsidized.

A list of affordable rental units in the community is also made available to the general public at WCCA.