County Comprehensive Plan Housing Recommendations
Recommendation H-01: Promote a diverse range of homeownership and rental opportunities.
- Revise County ordinances to allow the private sector to develop a broad range of housing choices.
- Maintain an adequate supply of land zoned to allow the placement of manufactured housing in appropriate areas, and improve the appearance, quality, design, and maintenance of manufactured homes and the lots and manufactured home parks in which they are located.
- Develop a countywide affordable housing plan.
- Adopt and implement a Minimum Housing Code.
- Continue participation in the scattered site rehabilitation program and other similar federally and state-funded programs.
- Develop a, or support an existing, housing information center.
- Lead the establishment of an affordable housing trust fund.
Click here to learn more about the Henderson County 2020 Comprehensive Plan.