Henderson County Permit Process for Construction of a New House
The following checklist will assist you in preparing to apply for a Building Permit in Henderson County.
Residential Building Permits
Stick Built or Modular (includes log homes):
- County Zoning Permit (no charge) or zoning permit from your municipality. Fees are determined by each municipality.
- Watershed Permit (no charge) if applicable.
- If you are installing a septic tank, you must have approval from Environmental Health in order to obtain building permit: 694-6060
- Water & Sewer Tap Receipts (If applicable): Contact Hendersonville Water Dept. at 697-3052
- Completed and approved Building Permit Application
- 1 set of approved plans
- Appointment of NC Registered Lien Agent is required prior to issuance of building permit
**For property that has been purchased within the last 30 days, a recorded copy of the warranty deed is required.