Henderson County Permit Process for New Wells and Septic Tanks
The following checklist will assist you in preparing to apply for an Environmental Health Permit.
Environmental Health Permit Process (Wells & Septic Tanks)
- County Zoning Permit ($50 Residential, $115 Commercial) or zoning permit from your municipality. Fees are determined by each municipality.
- Watershed Permit ($20) if applicable
- Survey Plat for parcels that are less than 2 acres
- Authorization to Apply for an Improvements Permit: If the applicant is not the property owner, this form must be completely filled out and signed by the property owner and must accompany the above items.
- Completed applicable Environmental Health Permit Application
**For property that has been purchased within the last 30 days, a recorded copy of the warranty deed is required.
To check the status of your permit click here.