Henderson County Permit Process for New Commercial Structures
The following checklist will assist you in preparing to apply for a Building Permit in Henderson County.
Permit fee is based on the cost of the project; commercial Fees are $7.00 per $1000 with a minimum permit fee of $75.00.
Commercial Building Permits
- County Zoning Permit ($115) or zoning permit from your municipality. Fees are determined by each municipality.
- Watershed Permit ($20) if applicable
- Water & Sewer Tap Receipts (If applicable): Contact Hendersonville Water Dept. at 697-3073
- If you are installing a septic tank, you must have approval from Environmental Health in order to obtain building permit: 694-6060
- Commercial Plan Approval
- Approved Appendix B worksheet OR ezB if applicable
- Appointment of NC Registered Lien Agent is required prior to issuance of building permit
Fire Prevention Permits (Commercial Structures Only)
The Henderson County Fire Marshal can be reached at 697-4728.
- Copy of site plans and blueprints
- Payment of permit fee
**For property that has been purchased within the last 30 days, a recorded copy of the warranty deed is required.