Erosion Control Local Program
Erosion Control Plan requirements
- Two (2) sets of plans (24" X 36") sealed by a North Carolina design professional
- Self-Inspection requirements must be included on plan.
- NPDES Stormwater General Permit Requirements must be included on plan.
- all erosion control design elements
- If the the land-disturbing activity lies within a floodplain, an approved floodplain permit is required.
- One (1) electronic (PDF format) set of drawing and all paperwork submitted.
- One (1) set of design calcualtions (electronic only).
- Designer Checklist.
- any narrative provided to support development of design.
- A Combined Self-Inspection and NPDES form. (This form will be used during construction)
- Payment. To see Fees and Charges click here.
- All erosion and Sediment Control details must comply with the latest detail in the NC Erosion and
- Sediment Control Planning & Design Manual Chapter 6. It can be found at this link here.
Penalty Spreadsheet, lists violations and what amounts can be assessed for violations. Click here.
Financial Responsibility and Ownership (FRO).
This form is commonly filled out incorrectly which delays the permitting process. The form must be signed by the appropriate financially responsible party. If the applicant is not the owner of record, this form needs to be filled out and attached to the application. If you have any questions regarding the completion of this form, please contact this office at (828) 694-6521.
Plans will be reviewed on a first come first served basis.
Review time for new submittals - 30 working days.
Review time for re-submittals - 15 working days.
At this time, there is no expedited review available.