Looking For..?
Department Banner

Cane Creek Sewer District Division

Service Area | Rates | Sewer Service Request | Master Plan (Draft) | Forms

Hours: 7:30 - 4:30
Monday - Friday

Sewer Service Request

Cane Creek Water and Sewer District (CCWSD)
of Henderson County, North Carolina



The Cane Creek Sewer System is owned by Henderson County and serves a large portion of the Fletcher area, a portion of the Mountain Home Industrial Park, an area along US Highway 25 between Berkley Road and the Mountain Home Industrial Park Road, Broadpointe Industrial Park and a portion of the Mills River area.

To secure Cane Creek sewer service the following is required:

1) Make an appointment with Utilities staff to meet at subject property. Staff will determine where sewer is located and where a service connection will be allowed. The Utility staff will need to inspect the tap connection. 

2) Determine the zoning jurisdiction for your property and secure any required zoning permits.

3) A Sewer Service Request form is to be completed, signed (by owner) and all applicable fees paid. The Cane Creek Capacity Depletion fees are:               

  • Single Family Residential: $150.00 each
  • Multiple Family Residential: (apartment, condos, etc) $150.00 each
  • Non Residential: Based on Water Meter size (See rates page for more information on fees)  

4) The Utilities Department may need to secure a wastewater allocation from the treatment authority before a Sewer Service Permit can be issued. (Allow 2 – 3 weeks for approval).

** Properties outside the original boundary are subject to additional fees

from the treatment authority. **

NOTE:   When property is sold, the developer/ builder is required to notify the new owner to call our office and transfer said property into their name. A “Transfer of Sewer Service” form will be mailed to the new property owner to release the sewer billing from the developeR/ builder to the new owner.

The Utilities Department then notifies the Finance Department to begin billing when the project is completed.

Please contact the Utilities Department for information regarding Sewer Line Extensions.