Registering to Vote
Qualifications for Registration
- you are a citizen of the United States
- you are a resident of North Carolina and Henderson County for 30 days before the election
- you are at least 18 years old by the next general election
- if you have been convicted of a felony, your rights of citizenship have been restored
How and Where to Register
If the qualifications are met, you must simply fill out a Voter Registration Application. These forms are available at the County Board of Elections office. Forms may be requested by mail, phone, email, in-person, or downloaded on the internet. You may also apply to register at other government agencies including:
- Public assistance agencies
- Agencies serving persons with disabilities
- Armed Forces recruitment offices
- Department of Motor Vehicles
After submitting the application information, the Board of Elections will mail you a Voter ID Card listing your precinct, polling site, districts, and other election information. You may keep this card as a reference, but it is not a requirement for voting.
Click button to download registration form.
Registration form in Spanish.