Report Welfare Fraud
Henderson County Department of Social Services has a Program Integrity Unit that is devoted to investigating cases of fraud, abuse, and waste in public assistance programs. These programs include: Work First, Food Assistance, DayCare, Emergency Assistance, Low Income Energy Assistance, Special Assistance, etc.
Please try to provide as much of the following information as possible when reporting suspected welfare fraud:
- Person's name
- Address where person actually lives
- Contact information for individual, i.e. Telephone number, email addresses, etc
- Names of persons living in the home
- Place where individual works
- Information about other income in the home
- What is the person doing to commit fraud?
To report suspected fraud or abuse in public assistance programs in Henderson County you may call 828-697-5500 or click here to make your complaint by email.
Other contact numbers for reporting fraud:
Medicaid Provider Fraud in North Carolina
919-647-8282 or Help Desk: 1-800-662-7030
Social Security Fraud 1-800-849-5195