Child Day Care
The Child Care Subsidy Program office Hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. For more information, please call (828) 697-5500. Service availability may be limited and names placed on a waiting list.
The Child Day Care Program’s goal is to ensure safe, quality, accessible and affordable child care for children in Henderson County. This program supports the independence of families by enabling responsible adults to secure and maintain employment and meet the basic needs of their children.
Funding for Child Care Subsidy is composed of State and Federal monies including Smart Start Funds.
Important information links:
Visit ncchildcare.dhhs.state.nc.us to learn about:
- Choosing quality Child Care
- Star Rated License System
- Child Care License Requirement
- Financial Assistance
- Help in finding quality childcare
- Parent education program for first time parents
- Program for adolescent moms
- Resource library for parents of children birth to early elementary age
- Online parenting tips and resources
- School readiness
- Kindergarten Transition