Looking For..?
Department Banner

Language Assistance is available upon request.

Report Adult Abuse

Who should report?   It is the law that any person who has reasonable cause to believe that a disabled person is in need of Protective Services must report the case to the county Social Services Department (N.C.G.S. 108A-102). The reporter's identity is kept confidential!!

How are reports made?   Telephone, write, or visit the Henderson County Department of Social Services when you have information about a disabled adult being abused, neglected, or exploited. You should give the following information pertaining to the disabled adult:

  • Name, Age, and Address of the disabled Adult
  • Name and Address of Caretaker (if applicable)
  • Nature of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation
  • Other Pertinent Information
Phone Number: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. - (828) 694-6241
After hours and holidays call 828-697-4911 for Emergencies
Mailing Address: Henderson County Department of Social Services
1200 Spartanburg Hwy, Suite 300
Hendersonville, NC 28792