§ 91-4. 2000 Extension of Boundaries. 
A.
By virtue of the authority granted by N.C.G.S. 162A-87.1, the boundaries of the Cane 
Creek Water and Sewer District are hereby extended to include the properties located 
with the boundary described below, and all such properties are hereby annexed and made
a part of the Cane Creek Water and Sewer District as of the first day of July 2000: 
Beginning at a point located at the western corner of the Cane Creek Water and Sewer 
District boundary, said point also being the intersection of the northern margin of 
Fanning Bridge Road (S.R. 1419) and the northwest margin of Butler Farm Road; thence,
following the northern margin of Fanning Bridge Road (S.R. 1419) in a westerly 
direction, approximately 5,808 feet to the intersection of the northern margin of Fanning 
Bridge Road (S.R. 1419) and the western margin of N.C. Highway 191; thence, following
the western margin of N.C. Highway 191 in a southerly direction approximately 7,392 
feet to the intersection of the western margin of N.C. Highway 191 and the western 
margin of N.C. Highway 280; thence, following the western margin of N.C. Highway 
280 in a southerly direction (crossing Mills River) approximately 4,752 feet to the 
intersection of the western margin of N.C. Highway 280 and the northern margin of 
South Mills River Road (S.R. 1338); thence, following the northern margin of South 
Mills River Road (S.R. 1338) in a westerly direction approximately 1,056 feet to the 
intersection of the northern margin of South Mills River Road (S.R. 1338) and the 
western margin of Old Turnpike Road (S.R. 1328); thence, following the western margin 
of Old Turnpike Road (S.R. 1328) in a southwesterly direction approximately 6,864 feet 
to the intersection of the western margin of Old Turnpike Road (S.R. 1328) and N.C. 
Highway 280; thence, crossing N.C. Highway 280 to the western margin of Schoolhouse 
Road (S.R. 1426) approximately 528 feet to the intersection of the western margin of 
Schoolhouse Road (S.R. 1426) and the western margin of Turnpike Road (S.R. 1328) (it 
is noted that Old Turnpike Road and Turnpike Road are both designated as S.R. 1328); 
thence, following the western margin of Turnpike Road (S.R. 1328) in a southwesterly 
direction approximately 3,432 feet to the intersection of the western margin of Turnpike 
Road (S.R. 1328) and the southern margin of Warlick Road (S.R. 1329); thence, 
following the southern margin of Warlick Road (S.R. 1329) in a southeasterly direction 
approximately 700 feet to the intersection of the southern margin of Warlick Road (S.R. 
1329) and the center line of Boylston Creek; thence, following the center line of the 
aforesaid creek in a northeasterly direction approximately 5,950 feet to a point located at 
the intersection of Boylston Creek and the southern margin of Banner Farm Road (S.R. 
1331); thence, following the southern margin of Banner Farm Road (S.R. 1331) in a 
southeasterly direction, approximately 1,584 feet to the intersection of the southern 
margin of Banner Farm Road (S.R. 1331) and the eastern margin of Ladson Road (S.R. 
1314); thence, following the eastern margin of Ladson Road (S.R. 1314) in a 
northeasterly direction approximately 5,808 feet to the intersection of the eastern margin 
of Ladson Road (S.R. 1314) and the center line of Boylston Creek; thence, following the 
center line of the aforesaid creek in an easterly direction approximately 3,650 feet to the 
confluence of Boylston Creek and the French Broad River; thence, following the center 
line of the French Broad River in a northerly direction, approximately 400 feet to a point 
located at the intersection of the French Broad River and N.C. Highway 191; thence, 
continuing with the center line of the French Broad River in a northerly direction, 
approximately 17,100 feet to a point located at the intersection of the French Broad River
and the center line of Butler Bridge Road (S.R. 1351); thence, following the center line of
Butler Bridge Road (S.R. 1351) in an easterly direction, approximately 5,280 feet to the 
intersection of the center line of Butler Bridge Road (S.R. 1351) and the center line of I-
26, said intersection also being a point in the Cane Creek Water and Sewer District 
boundary; thence, along and with the boundary of the Cane Creek Water and Sewer 
District as follows: following the center line of I-26 in a northwesterly direction, 
approximately 4,000 feet, to the intersection of the center line of I-26 and the center line 
of Cane Creek; thence, following the center line of Cane Creek in a westerly direction, 
approximately 5,650 feet to the center line of the French Broad River; thence, crossing 
the French Broad River in a westerly direction to the southeast corner of the James A. 
  
Ford property (DB/PG 595/873, Henderson County Registry); thence, following the 
southern boundary of the Ford property approximately 1,100 feet to the southeast corner 
of Arnold D. Miles property (DB/PG 535/117, Henderson County Registry); thence, 
following the southern boundary of the Miles property approximately 1,100 feet to the 
southeastern most corner of the Elbert S. Brown property (DB/PG 467/81, Henderson 
County Registry); thence, following the southern boundary of the Brown property 
approximately 750 feet to the Marie-Jeanne Cadgene property (DB/PG 910/713, 
Henderson County Registry); thence, following the southern boundary of the Cadgene 
property in a southwesterly direction, approximately 1,500 feet to the eastern margin of 
Fanning Field Road (S.R. 1354); thence, following the eastern margin of Fanning Field 
Road (S.R. 1354), crossing N.C. 280, in a northerly direction, approximately 2,850 feet to
a point in the eastern margin of Fanning Field Road (S.R. 1354), said point also being 
located on the boundary of the Cadgene property; thence, following the Cadgene property
line approximately 590 feet to the center line of McDowell Creek; thence, following the 
center line of McDowell Creek (being a Cadgene property line) in a northerly direction 
approximately 1,150 feet to a point; thence, continuing along the Cadgene property line 
in a westerly direction approximately 1,550 feet to a point; thence, continuing along the 
Cadgene western property line, approximately 1,700 feet to a point in Butler Farm Road, 
said point being the beginning point and being located at the western corner of the Cane 
Creek Water and Sewer District.  
B.
Upon and after the July 1, 2000, the above described territory and its citizens and 
property shall be subject to all debts, laws, ordinances and regulations in force in the 
Cane Creek Water and Sewer District of Henderson County, North Carolina and shall be 
entitled to the same privileges and benefits as other parts of the Cane Creek Water and 
Sewer District of Henderson County, North Carolina.  
C.
The Henderson County Utilities Director shall keep a map of the subject property on file 
at the Henderson County Utilities Department office, which is currently located at 100 
North King Street, Hendersonville, North Carolina, 28792.