Looking For..?
Department Banner


General Information

Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday
Permit Center 8:30 - 4:00 daily

Business License Information - Henderson County does not require a Business License but you must contact the Zoning Department to determine if the business use is allowed. If the business use is allowed you must obtain a Zoning Permit. Contact the Fire Marshal, Building Services, and Environmental Health for other related permits.

(828) 697-4857
(828) 697-4533
(828) 697-4857
(828) 697-4533
(828) 697-4857
(828) 697-4533
(828) 697-4857
(828) 697-4533

Henderson County Code Enforcement Services is managed by Toby Linville, Director. This department consists of Zoning Enforcement, Nuisance Enforcement, Solid Waste Enforcement, and Minimum Housing Enforcement.

Essential Departmental Functions: The Code Enforcement Services Department is in charge of enforcing the Henderson County Zoning, Solid Waste, Nuisance, and Minimum Housing Ordinances.

Zoning Division

This division issues permits for Zoning, Signs, Manufactured Home Parks, and Communications Towers.

This division issues permits in accordance with the Henderson County Land Development Code- Chapter 42 of the Henderson County Code. The entire county has been zoned since the Board of Commissioners approved the Land Development Code on September 19, 2007.

Nuisance Enforcement Division

This division enforces the Henderson County Nuisance Prevention Ordinance. We investigate and correct nuisance complaints. This division also enforces the Henderson County Land Development Code when it pertains to Zoning, Signs, Manufactured Home parks, and Communication Towers.

Solid Waste Enforcement Division

This division investigates complaints of accumulated garbage and solid waste violations.

Minimum Housing Division

This division investigates complaints of minimum housing code violations.


Some of the documents on our website are in PDF format.  Download the reader for free. Get Adobe Reader

To report Issues Contact the Webmaster