Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Monday, October 4, 2010
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INVOCATION BY DR. RYAN PACK OF FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH HENDERSONVILLE
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
September 22, 2010 – Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Tax Collector’s Report
Financial Report/Cash Balance
Report – August 2010
Henderson County Public
Schools Financial Reports – August 2010
1. Child Fatality Prevention Team
– 1 vac.
2. CJPP (Criminal Justice
Partnership Program) – 2 vac.
3. Community Child Protection
Team – 6 vac.
4. Downtown Hendersonville, Inc.
– 1 vac.
5. Hospital Corporation Board of
Directors – 4 vac.
6. Juvenile Crime Prevention
Council – 9 vac.
7. Mountain Area Workforce
Development Board – 1 vac.
8. Mountain Valleys Resource
Conservation and Development Program – 1 vac.
9. Nursing/Adult Care Home
Community Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
10. Senior Volunteer Services
Advisory Council – 3 vac.
11. Western Highlands Local
Management Entity – 1 vac.
A. Mission Hospital System presentation on planned joint venture
B. Agreement with Flat Rock Playhouse for winter production
C. Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Transit Vehicle Procurement and
A. Continuation of Public Hearing for Cave Inn Drive
B. Approval of the Execution and Delivery of an Installment
Financing Contract to pay for the Capital Costs for the Construction of a New
Law Enforcement Center and Renovations to the Former Health Department Building
to be used as a Development Services Center
A. Set Public Hearing on Rezoning Application #R-2010-01
CLOSED SESSION as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 143-318.11(a)(1), to prevent disclosure of information that is privileged or confidential pursuant to the law of this State or of the United States, or not considered a public record within the meaning of Chapter 132 of the General Statutes. The purpose will be to approve general
accounts of previous closed sessions, as shown on the attached log.
2. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 143-318.11(a)(4), to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses in the area served by the public body.
3. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 143-318.11(a)(5), to establish, or to instruct the public body's staff or negotiating agents concerning the position to be taken by or on behalf of the public body in negotiating (I) the price and other material terms of a contract or proposed contract for the acquisition of real property by purchase, option, exchange or lease.
4. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 143-318.11(a)(6), to consider the qualifications, competence performance, character, fitness, conditions of appointment, or conditions of initial employment of an individual public officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee; or to hear or investigate a complaint, charge, or grievance by or against an individual public officer or employee.
County believes it is the right of all citizens to participate. All persons with disabilities that need
auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D.
number 697-4580 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting. Agenda items can be viewed on the
County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html.