Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
Routine monthly request for approval of tax releases and tax refunds
Requests the Board approve revisions to the Henderson County Animal Ordinance and the Animal Services Advisory Committee bylaws as recommended
Requests the Board approve the 2014 Proposed Schedule of Regular Meeting Dates as presented
Routine quarterly report on construction projects
Requests the Board declare property as surplus, for sale to Black Mountain
Notification to the Board of new vacancies on County Boards and Committees
1. Child Protection and Fatality Prevention Team – 1 vac.
2. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation dba/Heritage Museum – 2 vac.
3. Henderson County Zoning Board of Adjustment – 3 vac.
4. Laurel Park Zoning Board of Adjustment – 1 vac.
Nominations of citizens to County Boards and Committees
Presentation by Wingate
Discussion of upcoming capital needs
Request the Board adopt a Resolution designating November as Adoption Month in Henderson County
Presentation of scenarios related to redistricting
Requests the Board award the construction contract, approve a proposed lease with the railroad, approve the project budget, and authorize the County Engineer to execute the required documents
Request the Board adopt the proposed code of ordinances
Routine Update from the County Manager
Upcoming schedule of meetings and events
The Board is requested to go into closed session pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a), for the following reasons:
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(3), to consult with an attorney employed or retained by the Board to preserve attorney-client privilege.
2. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(4), to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses in Henderson County, including agreement on a tentative list of economic development incentives that may be offered by the Board in negotiations.
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html