Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Public Hearing on rezoning application
Recognition of Register of Deeds – Nedra Moles
Recognition of Commissioner – Larry Young
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
A. Minutes: November 3, 2014 – Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
Routine quarterly report from Smoky Mountain Center
Requests the Board accept the low bid from Hendersonville Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM and authorize the Sheriff to proceed with purchasing the approved vehicles
Requests approval of the Bond Order, and directs the Chair and staff to execute required documents
Requests the Board adopt a proposed Inclement Weather and Emergency Closings Policy for the Office of the Register of Deeds
Notification to the Board of new vacancies on County Boards and Committees
1. Fire Commission – 2 vac.
2. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation dba/Heritage Museum– 1 vac.
3. Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
4. Henderson County Zoning Board of Adjustment – 4 vac.
5. Home and Community Care Block Grant Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
6. Laurel Park Planning Board – 1 vac.
7. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council – 2 vac.
Nominations and appointment of citizens to County Board and Committees
Fletcher Mayor Pro-Tem has requested to be on the Board’s agenda
Requests the Board adopt the 2015 Schedules of Values, Standards, and Rules for Market Value, as amended, and adopt the 2015 Schedules of Values, Standards, and Rules for Present- Use Value and the Wildlife Conservation Land Program as originally presented
Request by EAC for Board discussion of committee direction
Requests the Board accept the donation of 1.6 acres of land for proposed French Broad River access
Requests NCDOT contact the County for consideration of donation of right of way after securing approval of 100% of the other property owners
Presentation of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
Routine Update from the County Manager
Upcoming schedule of meetings and events
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(1), to prevent disclosure of information that is privileged or confidential pursuant to the law of this State or of the United States, or not considered a public record within the meaning of Chapter 132 of the General Statutes, in accordance with and pursuant to NCGS 143-318.10(e) and Article II of Chapter 11 of the Henderson County Code.
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html