County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2008 Special Called Meeting
2008 Regular Scheduled Meeting
2008 Special Called Meeting
A. Tax Collector’s Report
B. Tax Releases
C. Tax Refunds
E. Purchase of real property at 698 Stoney Mountain Road
F. Designation of Voting Delegate to NCACC Legislative Goals
G. Proclamation – Human Rights Day
H. Support for a Resolution of Endorsement – WNC Beef Cattle
I. 11th Annual Henderson County Benefit Toy Run Parade
J. Approval of the low bids and purchase of the Sheriff’s Office
Animal Enforcement Pick-up Trucks
K. Formal Adoption of the Minimum Housing Code
L. Settlement Approvals
1. Bell tax appeal settlement
civil penalty settlement
M. 2007-2011 Strategic Plan – Quarterly update
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
Care Home Community Block Grant Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
1. Board of Directors of the Henderson County Historic Courthouse
Corp. (which does business as the Henderson County Heritage Museum Board) – 2
2. CJPP (Criminal Justice Partnership Program) – 2 vac.
3. EMS Quality Management Committee – 1 vac.
4. Environmental Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
5. Etowah/Horse Shoe Communities Planning Committee – 1 vac.
6. Henderson County Planning Board – 1 vac.
7. Henderson County Zoning Board of Adjustment – 2 vac.
8. Hendersonville City Zoning Board of Adjustment – 1 vac.
9. Hendersonville Planning Board – 1 vac.
10. Historic Resources Commission – 2 vac.
11. Home and Community Care Block Grant Advisory Committee – 5
12. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 9 vac.
13. Laurel Park Planning Board – 1 vac.
14. Library Board of Trustees – 1 vac.
15. Recreation Advisory Board – 1 vac.
16. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council –1 vac.
17. Travel & Tourism Committee – 4 vac.
18. Water Supply and Distribution Task Force – 15 vac.
A. Pardee Budget/Strategic Plan Presentation
B. Well Issues in Henderson County
C. Curb Market parking lease
D. FY 2009-2010 Budget
E. Update of Pending Issues
2. Buy Henderson County/Shop Henderson County
A. County Attorney’s
B. County Manager’s
A. Rezoning Application R-2008-11
Annual Budget Workshop
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - no business
CLOSED SESSION– as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the
(a)(6) To consider the qualifications, competence,
performance, character, fitness, conditions of appointment, or conditions of
initial employment of an individual public officer or employee or prospective
public officer or employee; or to hear or investigate a complaint, charge, or
grievance by or against an individual public officer or employee.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all
citizens to participate. All persons
with disabilities that need auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the
Agenda items can be viewed on the
County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html