County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Monday, May 4, 2009
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
led by Mackenzie Hill from the Dana Bobcats 4-H Club
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
A. Minutes: April 6, 2009 Regularly Scheduled Meeting
April 15, 2009 Regularly Scheduled Meeting
B. Tax Collectors Report
C. Financial Report/Cash Balance Report March 2009
D. Henderson County Public Schools Financial Reports March 2009
E. EMS Accounts Receivable Report
F. Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Update
G. Small Business Week Resolution
H. Henderson County Relay for Life Resolution
I. My Place Resolution of Support
J. Surplus Vehicle
K. 4-H Program Use of Curb Market Parking Lot during Apple
L. Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Grants
M. Audit Services Extension Proposal
N. Approval of Grant from the Federal Bureau of Justice Assistance
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
1. Alliance for Human Services 1 vac.
Ridge Community College Board of Trustees 2 vac.
3. Cane Creek Water and Sewer District Advisory
Committee 5 vac.
4. Environmental Advisory Committee 4 vac.
5. Henderson County
Board of Health 4 vac.
6. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation 3 vac.
7. Historic Resources Commission 2 vac.
8. Jury Commission 1 vac.
9. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council 14 vac.
10. Library Board of Trustees 1 vac.
11. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board 2
12. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory
Committee 4 vac.
13. Smartstart 1 vac.
1. Child Fatality Prevention Team 1 vac.
2. CJPP (Criminal Justice Partnership Program) 2 vac
3. Hendersonville City Zoning Board of Adjustment 1 vac.
4. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council 8 vac.
5. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council 1 vac.
A. County Managers FY2009-2010 Recommended Budget
B. Swine Flu Update
C. Continued Discussion on Proposed Land Development Code 2008
Annual Test Amendments 12, 17, 21 and 22 (TX-2008-05)
D. Consideration of the Dana Community Plan Boundary and Charter
E. Offer to purchase tax-foreclosed property
7:00 PM PUBLIC HEARING NEW ROAD NAMES
A. County Attorneys
B. County Managers
A. Schedule Public Hearing on the Triennial Update of the
Henderson County Ten Year Solid Waste Management Plan
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - no business
as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the following reasons:
(a)(6) To consider the
qualifications, competence, performance, character, fitness, conditions of
appointment, or conditions of initial employment of an individual public
officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee; or to hear or
investigate a complaint, charge, or grievance by or against an individual
public officer or employee.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all
citizens to participate. All persons
with disabilities that need auxiliary aid
should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the
Agenda items can be viewed on the
Countys website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html