Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Thursday, May 20, 2010
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
May 3, 2010 – Regularly
May 11, 2010 – Special
Tax Collector’s Report
Capital/ Facilities Status
Soil Erosion and
Sedimentation Control Update
Approval to purchase a BMW
Approval to purchase a Dodge
Ram 2500, pick-up truck
Quarterly Schools Maintenance
2007-2011 Strategic Plan -
Home & Community Care
Block Grant County Funding Plan
Western Highlands Area Authority
- Quarterly Fiscal Monitoring Report (FMR) for the period ended March 31, 2010
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
1. Environmental Advisory Committee – 5 vac.
2. Fire and Rescue Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
3. Henderson County Board of Health – 4 vac.
4. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation
dba / Heritage Museum – 3 vac.
5. Historic Resources Commission – 3 vac.
6. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 2 vac.
7. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board – 4 vac.
8. Nursing / Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
– 3 vac.
9. Social Services Board – 1 vac.
1. CJPP (Criminal Justice
Partnership Program) – 2 vac.
2. Community Child Protection Team (CCPT) – 1 vac.
3. Downtown Hendersonville, Inc.
– 1 vac.
Equalization and Review, Henderson
County Board of – 2 vac.
5. Historic Resources Commission
– 1 vac.
6. Home and Community Care Block
Grant Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
7. Juvenile Crime Prevention
Council – 9 vac.
8. Senior Volunteer Services
Advisory Council – 3 vac.
9. Solid Waste Advisory Committee
– 1 vac.
Room Occupancy Tax
County Manager’s FY2010-2011
COUNTY MANAGER’S REPORT
A. Public Hearing for assignment of new street name for new service
road for US 25 Hwy connector project
A. Schedule Annual NCDOT Public Hearing on Secondary Roads
CLOSED SESSION as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 143-318.11(a)(4), to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses in the area served by the public body.
2. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 143-318.11(a)(6), to consider the qualifications, competence performance, character, fitness, conditions of appointment, or conditions of initial employment of an individual public officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee; or to hear or investigate a complaint, charge, or grievance by or against an individual public officer or employee.
County believes it is the right of all citizens to participate. All persons with disabilities that need
auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number
697-4580 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html