Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
A. Minutes: May 7, 2012
Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
Routine monthly request for approval of tax refunds and tax releases
Request for the Board to approve a resolution accepting the proposal from BB&T to finance the new ambulances and authorize the Chairman and Staff to execute financing documents
Request Board approval of Pawnbrokers License for Daily Dollar Pawn, LLC
Request approval of the petition to be forwarded to NCDOT
Request to designate the County Manager’s office as the LEAD Agency, and approve the proposed FY 2013 Funding Plan
Notification to the Board of new vacancies on County Boards and Committees
1. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees – 1 vac.
2. Environmental Advisory Committee –2 vac.
3. Fire and Rescue Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
4. Henderson County Board of Health – 3 vac.
5. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation dba/ Heritage Museum – 3 vac.
6. Historic Resources Commission – 2 vac.
7. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 3 vac.
8. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board – 4 vac.
9. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
10. Smartstart – 1 vac.
Nominations of citizens to County Boards and Committees
Presentation of the County Manager’s FY 2012-2013 Proposed Budget
Request to approve FY13- 2016 JCPC Allocations
Update on new federal ICE facility
Routine informational update from the Department of Social Services
Request to approve the application for the Mud Creek Grant
Request to discuss the mosquito control program
Request to adopt amendments to the animal ordinance
Request to approve a text amendment to the Land Development Code
Routine Update from the County Manager
Upcoming schedule of meetings and events
Request to schedule a public hearing for June 4, 2012 at 5:30 p.m.
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html