County Board of Commissioners
100 North King Street, Hendersonville,
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Minutes: November 15, 2006
B. Tax Collector’s Report
C. Tax Refunds
D. Tax Releases
E. 2006 Strategic Plan and Capital Projects Update
F. Unsealing Certain Closed Session General Accounts
G. Personnel Action Request
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
1. Henderson County Planning Board – 3 vac.
1. Adequate Public Facilities Task Force Charter – 2 vac.
2. Blue Ribbon Committee on Illegal Immigration – 4 vac.
3. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees – 2 vac.
4. Child Fatality Prevention Team – 1 vac.
5. Fletcher Zoning Board of Adjustment – 1 vac.
6. Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
7. Henderson County Zoning Board of Adjustment – 2 vac.
8. Hendersonville City Board of Adjustment – 1 vac.
9. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 6 vac.
10. Library Board of Trustees – 1 vac.
11. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 4 vac.
12. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council – 1 vac.
13. Solid Waste Advisory Committee – 3 vac.
A. Pardee Annual Report
B. Offer to purchase former Land Development Building
C. Construction Management Services
D. Update on Pending Issues
1. FY 2008 Budget Process
A. County Attorney’s
B. County Manager’s
11:00 AM - PUBLIC HEARING – Permanent Closing of Easement on John Rymer
1. Set Public Hearing on Vested Rights Application (VR-2007-03)
for the development known as “Biltmore Farms Hammond Tract”
2. NCACC District Meetings
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - no business
CLOSED SESSION –as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for
the following reasons:
1. (a)(5) To
establish, or to instruct the public body’s staff or negotiating agents
concerning the position to be taken by or on behalf of the public body in
negotiating (I) the price and other material terms of a contract or proposed
contract for the acquisition of real property by purchase, option, exchange or
2. (a)(6) To
consider the performance and conditions of appointment of individual public
officers or employees.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all
citizens to participate. All persons
with disabilities that need auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the
Agenda items can be viewed on the
County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html