County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Minutes: February 18, 2009
Regularly scheduled meeting
2009 Capital Planning workshop
B. Tax Collectors Report
C. Tax Releases
D. Tax Refunds
E. Noise Ordinance Update
F. HAC Contract Amendment
G. CDBG Small Business and Entrepreneurial Assistance, Funding Approval,
Resolutions, Policies, and related Grant Acceptance for Warm Company Project
H. Water Line Extensions Painted Woods / Old Hickory Estates and
Petition for Addition to State Road System
K. Western Highland Area Authority Quarterly Fiscal Monitoring
Report (FMR) for the period ended December 31, 2008
L. Resolution of Support for the Blue Ridge Book & Author
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
Henderson County Planning Board 3 vac.
Care Home Community Advisory Committee 1 vac.
1. Child Fatality Prevention
Team 1 vac.
2. CJPP (Criminal Justice
Partnership Program) 2 vac.
3. Equalization and Review,
Henderson County Board of 3 vac.
4. Hendersonville City Zoning
Board of Adjustment 1 vac.
5. Industrial Facilities and
Pollution Control Financing Authority 1 vac.
6. Juvenile Crime Prevention
Council 9 vac.
7. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community
Advisory Committee 1 vac.
8. Senior Volunteer Services
Advisory Council 1 vac.
Solid Waste Advisory
Committee (SWAC) 5 vac.
A. Pardee Hospital Annual Report
B. Proposed Intake on the French Broad River and Expanded Water
Supply Watershed Boundary
C. County Recreation Fees Discussion
D. Identity Theft Protection ordinance
11:00 A.M. PUBLIC HEARING
Proposed Refinancing of Series 1999 Detention Center COPs with
A. County Attorneys
B. County Managers
CREEK WATER & SEWER DISTRICT None
CLOSED SESSION as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the following reason:
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 143-318.11(a)(3), to consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body.
2. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. § 143-318.11(a)(4), to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses in the area served by the public body.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all
citizens to participate. All persons
with disabilities that need auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580 at least 48 hours prior to the
Agenda items can be viewed on the
Countys website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html