Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Monday, June 6, 2016
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Keira Hodge of the Barnyard Bandits 4-H Club
Premier of Infant CPR
Requests the Board hold a public hearing regarding a request to rezone approximately 67.34 acres from Industrial (I) zoning to Residential One (R1) zoning
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF CONSENT AGENDA
May 18, 2016 - Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
Routine monthly request for approval of tax releases and tax refunds
Routine monthly financial report for the County
Routine monthly financial report for the Henderson County Public Schools
Routine quarterly financial report for Smoky Mountain Center
Routine quarterly report on fuel and energy usage
Requests the Board appoint the County Manager’s Office as the Lead Agency and approve the proposed FY2017 Funding Plan
Requests the Board approve the revised Charter and By-Laws for the Walk of Fame Steering Committee
Requests the Board the Board of Commissioners approve a Budget Amendment moving approved funding for this project from the DSS budget to Facility Services
Requests the Board direct staff to properly execute the Satisfaction of Security Instrument
Requests the Board direct Staff to develop a contract for the provision of law enforcement services in Mills River, annually determine the cost for provision of these services at 100% cost recovery, include that cost in the contract, and authorize the Chairman to execute the contract
Requests Board adopt the Proclamation as presented
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF DISCUSSION AGENDA
Notification of citizen vacancies to County Boards and Committees
1. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees – 1 vac.
2. Environmental Advisory Committee – 3 vac.
3. Fire and Rescue Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
4. Greater Asheville Regional Airport Authority Board – 1 vac.
5. Henderson County Board of Health – 3 vac.
6. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corp. dba/Heritage Museum – 4 vac.
7. Henderson Tourism Development Authority – 1 vac.
8. Historic Resources Commission – 3 vac.
9. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 7 vac.
10. Library Board of Trustees – 2 vac.
11. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board – 2 vac.
12. Social Services Board – 1 vac.
Nominations of citizens to County Boards and Committees
Board discussion and consideration of the FY 2016-2017 Budget
Video presentation by David Weintraub
Routine Update from the County Manager
Upcoming schedule of meetings and events
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html