Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Monday, June 6, 2011
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INVOCATION BY FATHER JOEL HAFER - ST. JAMES EPISCOPAL CHURCH
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
Approval of minutes from previous meetings
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
Routine monthly financial report for the County
Routine monthly financial report for the Henderson County Public Schools
Routine quarterly financial report for the County
Request for use of AEPF Funds
Request to approve resolution accepting financing proposal
Request for adoption of a Resolution authorizing the Chairman to execute documents pertaining to the Workforce Investment Act
Request to solicit bids to rough grade the fairground property
Request the Board name ad valorem property taxes as the specific revenue source to be used to fund the County’s Tax Revaluation Reserve Fund for the current fiscal year ending June 30, 2011
Notification of citizen vacancies to County Boards and Committees
1. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees – 1 vac.
2. Cane Creek Water and Sewer District Advisory Committee – 4 vac.
3. Environmental Advisory Committee – 4 vac.
4. Fire and Rescue Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
5. Henderson County Board of Health – 4 vac.
6. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation dba/Heritage Museum 3 vac.
7. Historic Resources Commission – 2 vac.
8. Jury Commission – 1 vac.
9. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 13 vac.
10. Library Board of Trustees – 6 vac.
11. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board – 2 vac.
12. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
13. Social Services Board – 1 vac.
Nominations of citizens to County Boards and Committees
Continued discussion on the FY11-12 Proposed Budget
B. ABC Request
Request for Board discussion on ABC Request
Update to the Board on landslide hazard mapping results
Update to the Board on the personnel selection process
Update to Board on the Tuxedo Mill Demolition
Routine Update from the County Manager
Upcoming schedule of meetings and events
Request for the Board to cancel July 5, 2011 regularly scheduled meeting
A. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(3),to consult with an Attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body.
F. Ratification of Pardee CEO / Amendment to Articles of Incorporation
Open Session follow-up from closed session
Henderson County believes it is the right of all citizens to participate. All persons with disabilities that need auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board at 828-697-4808, TDD number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html