County Board of Commissioners
Monday, June 6, 2005
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Minutes: May 2, 2005
B. Tax Collectors Report
C. Financial Report April 2005
Cash Balance Report April 2005
D. Henderson County Public Schools Financial Report April 2005
E. McCallister Lease
F. Mullinax offer to purchase lots, Rocky Gorge Lodge Subdivision
G. Petition for addition State Road system
H. Employee Recognitions/Awards
I. Set Public Hearing date for road names
J. Water Line Extension
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
Care Home Community Advisory Committee 2 vac.
1. Alliance for Human Services 1 vac.
2. Asheville Regional Housing Consortium 1 vac.
3. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees 2 vac.
4. Cane Creek Water & Sewer District Advisory Committee 5
5. Environmental Advisory Committee 4 vac.
6. Henderson County Board of Health 4 vac.
7. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation - 3 vac.
8. Jury Commission 1 vac.
9. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council 20 vac.
10. Land-of-Sky Regional Advisory Council on Aging 1 vac.
11. Library Board of Trustee 2 vac.
12. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board 2 vac.
13. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee 4 vac.
14. Planning for Older Adults Block Grant Advisory Committee 1
15. Social Services Board 1 vac.
A. Draft Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance
B. Application for county control of an abandoned public cemetery
(lower section, Mill Pond Cemetery)
C. Update on Pending Issues
1. Historical Preservation
D. Budget Workshop
A. Schedule Quasi-Judicial Public Hearing on Application
#SP-93-13-A5 to Amend Special Use Permit
#SP-93-13 (as amended) for the Carriage Park Planned Unit Development
B. Set Public Hearing on Rezoning Action #R-2005-02
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - no business
as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the following reasons:
(a)(3) To consult with
an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the
attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body, which
privilege is hereby acknowledged. To
consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to
consider and give instructions to the attorney with respect to a claim.
In re: to Appeal to the Property Tax Commission
Of General Electric Company, Inc.,
NC-PTC file number 03-558
Henderson County believes it is the right of all citizens
to participate. All persons with
disabilities that need auxiliary aid
should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the