Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Monday, June 3, 2013
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
Routine monthly financial report for the County
Routine monthly financial report for the Henderson County Public Schools
Requests the Board proclaim July 17, 2013 as Boys & Girls Day in Henderson County
Requests the Board provisionally accept an offer to purchase the parcel described in this agenda item, subject to the procedures required by this Board for tax foreclosure sales
Requests the Board approve a resolution declaring vehicles and equipment surplus and authorizing the sale of surplus property via electronic public auction using GovDeals auction services
Requests the Board approve the proposed Incentives Policy
Requests the Board authorize the County Engineer to sign the contract with NCDEAO for grant funding to purchase recycling bins for Jackson and Etowah Parks
Requests the Board adopt the Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation of Henderson County Hospital Corporation.
Requests the Board allocate $13,426 in funding for purposes of completing a travel survey which will inform a travel demand model
Requests the Board approve use of courtroom for swearing in of Special Superior Court Judge Mark D. Martin on Friday, June 21, 2013 from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Notification of citizen vacancies to County Boards and Committees
1. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees – 2 vac.
2. Environmental Advisory Committee – 3 vac.
3. Fire and Rescue Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
4. Henderson County Board of Health – 2 vac.
5. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation dba/Heritage Museum – 2 vac.
6. Historic Resources Commissioner – 4 vac.
7. Jury Commission – 1 vac.
8. Juvenile Crime Prevention council – 13 vac.
9. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board – 2 vac.
10. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
11. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council – 1 vac.
12. Social Services Board – 1 vac.
Nominations of citizens to County Boards and Committees
Presentation to the Board by American Trans-Med
Continued discussion and possible adoption of the FY2013-2013 Budget
Routine Update from the County Manager
Upcoming schedule of meetings and events
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html