Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Monday, June 2, 2014
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE by MacKenzie Moore of the Sew N Sews 4-H Club
Public hearing rezoning 40.09 acres to Residential One (R1) and Industrial (I) zoning district
Public hearing on the FY14-15 Proposed Budget
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
A. Minutes: May 12, 2014 – Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
Routine monthly financial report for the County
Routine monthly financial report for the Henderson County Public Schools
Requests the Board approve the Public Records Disposal Request, and approve future destruction of client records per the County’s Records Retention Policy & the NC Department of Cultural Records Retention & Disposition Schedule
Requests the Board approve the JCPC recommendations for both the FY 13-16 Annual Plan, and the distribution of the FY 2015 Juvenile Crime Prevention Program funds
Requests the Board approve the refinancing, and authorize the Chairman to sign the letter to Macon Bank on behalf of Edneyville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department
Requests the Board appoint the County Manager’s Office as the Lead Agency and approve the proposed FY2015 Funding Plan
Requests the Board approve the petition to be forwarded to NCDOT
Notification to the Board of new vacancies on County Boards and Committees
1. Asheville Regional Airport Authority Board – 1 vac.
2. Environmental Advisory Committee – 3 vac.
3. Fire and Rescue Advisory Committee - 2 vac.
4. Henderson County Board of Health – 4 vac.
5. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation dba/Heritage Museum – 3 vac.
6. Historic Resources Commission – 2 vac.
7. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 4 vac.
8. Library Board of Trustees – 2 vac.
9. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board – 4 vac.
10. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
11. Social Services Board – 2 vac.
Nominations and appointment of citizens to County Board and Committees
Continued discussion and possible adoption of the FY2014-2015 Budget
Requests the Board select a firm for the engineering services for the Habitat for Humanity Dodd Meadows project, and authorize staff to execute the necessary documents
Discussion in regard to non-voting positions
Routine Update from the County Manager
Requests the Board schedule a Public Hearing for Wednesday, July 16th at 9:00 a.m.
Requests the Board reschedule the June 18, 2014 meeting for Wednesday, June 25th at 9:00 a.m.
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html