County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
JOINT MEETING WITH
MILLS RIVER TOWN COUNCIL
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
May 30, 2008 Special Called Meeting
June 4, 2008 Special Called Meeting
B. Tax Collectors Report
C. Public Schools Quarterly Maintenance Report
D. Surplus Vehicles
E. Health Department FY 2008-2009 Fee Schedule
F. Waterline Extension Blue Rock Commerce Center
G. Approval of Revised Zoning Board of Adjustment Bylaws
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
1. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees 1
2. Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation
and Community Care Block Grant Advisory Committee 1 vac.
Crime Prevention Council 1 vac.
1. Child Fatality Prevention
Team 1 vac.
2. Community Child Protection
Team 1 vac.
3. EMS Quality Management
Committee 2 vac.
4. Environmental Advisory
Committee 2 vac.
5. Henderson County Board of
Health 3 vac.
6. Henderson County Historic Courthouse
Corporation 3 vac.
7. Hendersonville City Zoning
Board of Adjustment 1 vac.
8. Historic Resources
Commission 1 vac.
9. Juvenile Crime Prevention
Council 11 vac.
10. Mountain Area Workforce
Development Board 2 vac.
11. Nursing/Adult Care Home
Community Advisory Committee 1 vac.
12. Senior Volunteer Services
Advisory Council 1 vac.
A. Schedule Joint Meeting with City of Asheville
B. Application to use Public School Building Capital (ADM) Funds
C. Application to use N.C. Lottery Funds
A. County Attorneys
B. County Managers
HEARING 2008 Community Development Block Grant
HEARING 2008 Community Development Block Grant for Warm
HEARING Public Hearing on Consideration of Incentives
to Prince Manufacturing Corporation
A. Request for Public Hearing on Permanent Closing of Easements
B. Set Public Hearing on Rezoning #R-2008-09 as Amended
CLOSED SESSION as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(3), to consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body.
2. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(4), to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses in the area served by the public body.
3. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(6), to consider the qualifications,
competence performance, character, fitness, conditions of appointment,
or conditions of initial employment of an individual public officer or employee
or prospective public officer or employee; or to hear or investigate a
complaint, charge, or grievance by or against an individual public officer or
RECONVENE TO OPEN
A. Important Dates
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - none
Henderson County believes it is the
right of all citizens to participate.
All persons with disabilities that need auxiliary aid should contact the
Clerk to the Board at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours
prior to the meeting.
Agenda items can be viewed on the
Countys website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html