County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Monday, June 1, 2009
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Minutes: April 23, 2009 Special Called Meeting
May 4, 2009 Regularly Scheduled Meeting
May 7, 2009 Special Called Meeting
May 20, 2009 Regularly Scheduled Meeting
B. Tax Collectors Report
C. Financial Report/Cash Balance Report April 2009
D. Henderson County Public Schools Financial Reports April 2009
E. Western Highlands Area Authority Quarterly Fiscal Monitoring
Report (FMR) for the period ended March 31, 2009
F. Home and Community Care Block Grant for Older Adults County
G. Changes to Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
H. Offer to purchase tax-foreclosed property
I. Consideration of Proposed Transit Service Renewal Contract and
J. Water Line Extension Etowah Town Square
K. Selection of Engineering Firm for Community Development Block
Grant Warm Company sewer line improvements
L. Renewal of lease - National Bicycle League Inc.
M. Probation and Parole Lease in 1995 Courthouse
N. WCCA Community Service Block Grant Application
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
1. Dana Community Plan Committee 9 vac.
1. Alliance for Human Services
2. Blue Ridge Community College
Board of Trustees 2 vac.
3. Cane Creek Water and Sewer
District Advisory Committee 5 vac.
4. Child Fatality Prevention Team 1 vac.
5. CJPP (Criminal Justice Partnership Program) 2 vac.
6. Environmental Advisory
Committee 4 vac.
7. Fire and Rescue Advisory
Committee 3 vac.
8. Henderson County Board of
Health 4 vac.
9. Henderson County Historic
Courthouse Corporation 3 vac.
10. Hendersonville City Zoning Board of Adjustment 1 vac.
11. Historic Resources Commission
12. Jury Commission 1 vac.
13. Juvenile Crime Prevention
Council 22 vac.
14. Library Board of Trustees 1
15. Mountain Area Workforce
Development Board 2 vac.
16. Nursing/Adult Care Home
Community Advisory Committee 4 vac.
17. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council 1 vac.
18. Smartstart 1 vac.
A. Shop/Dine Henderson County Update
B. Recommendation for Commission Appointment of CAP-DA Lead Agency
in Henderson County
C. Recreation Fees:
Non-County Resident Fees
D. Maintenance of Effort Fund Allocation
E. Improvement Guarantee Extension for Phase I and IIA of the
Seven Falls Golf and River Club Development
F. Review Special Intensity Allocation (SIA) application WS-2009-04-01,
subdivision for existing Flavor 1st Growers and Packers INC.
G. Review Special Intensity Allocation (SIA) application
WS-2009-04-02, subdivision for existing Flavor 1st Growers and
H. FY2009-2010 Budget Discussions
7:00 PM PUBLIC
2008 Community Development Block
Grant (#06-C-1600) Closeout for Shuey Knolls Phase III
FY2009-2010 Budget Public Hearing
A. County Attorneys
B. County Managers
A. Schedule Special Called Meeting on FY 2010 Budget
B. Cancel June 17th Regularly Scheduled Meeting
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - no business
CLOSED SESSION as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(4), to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses in the area served by the public body.
2. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(6), to consider the qualifications, competence performance, character, fitness, conditions of appointment, or conditions of initial employment of an individual public officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee; or to hear or investigate a complaint, charge, or grievance by or against an individual public officer or employee.
believes it is the right of all citizens to participate. All persons with disabilities that need
auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D.
number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Agenda items can be viewed on the
Countys website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html