County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square,
Monday, July 7, 2008
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
2008 Special Called Meeting
April 16, 2008
Regularly Scheduled Meeting
May 29, 2008
Special Called Meeting
June 2, 2008
Regularly Scheduled Meeting
June 18, 2008 Regularly Scheduled Meeting
A. Tax Collectors Report
B. Financial Report/Cash Balance Report May 2008
C. Henderson County Public Schools Financial Reports May 2008
D. Sidearm Request Benjamin Whitaker
E. Mountain Home Fire & Rescue Lease Purchase Agreement
F. Revision to charter and bylaws of Henderson County Historic
G. Transfer of Ownership to Hendersonville Utilities Jackson
Park Sewer Extension
H. Proposed Facility Use Fee Historic Courthouse Community Rooms
I. Non-Profit Performance Agreements
J. Designation of Voting Delegate to NCACC Annual Conference
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
1. Henderson County
Zoning Board of
Adjustment 1 vac.
1. Board of Directors of the Henderson County Historic Courthouse
Corporation (which does business as the Henderson County Heritage Museum) 4
2. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees 1 vac.
3. Child Fatality Prevention Team 1 vac.
4. Community Child Protection Team (CCPT) 1 vac.
5. EMS Quality Management Committee 2 vac.
6. Environmental Advisory Committee 2 vac.
7. Henderson County Board of Health 2 vac.
8. Hendersonville City Zoning Board of Adjustment 1 vac.
9. Historic Resources Commission 1 vac.
10. Home and Community Care Block Grant Advisory Committee 1
11. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council 11 vac.
12. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board 2 vac.
13. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee 1 vac.
14. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council 1 vac.
15. Solid Waste Advisory Committee Chair appointment
A. Assessment of Former Health Department Building
B. Revenue Options Referendum
C. Henderson County Purchasing Policy
D. Agreement with Radio Hendersonville, Inc.
E. Designation of Representative on Airport Authority Board
A. County Attorneys
B. County Managers
7:00 PM PUBLIC
1. Economic Incentives Grant to the Warm Company
2. Rezoning Application #R-2008-06
3. Rezoning Application #R-2008-07
4. New Countywide Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs): Rezoning #R-2008-08 and Text Amendment #TX-2008-02
BRCC Technology Center
Schedule a public hearing for 2008
Rural Operating Assistance Program (ROAP) Funds
Set Public Hearing on Vested Rights
Amendment Application (VR-2007-03-A1) for the development known as Biltmore
Farms Hammond Tract
CREEK WATER & SEWER DISTRICT
1. Wastewater Rates for Fiscal Year 2009 Cane Creek Water and
CLOSED SESSION as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the
1. (a)(4) To discuss matters relating to the location
or expansion of industries or other businesses in the area served by the public
(a)(6) To consider the
qualifications, competence, performance, character, fitness, conditions of
appointment, or conditions of initial employment of an individual public
officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee; or to hear or
investigate a complaint, charge, or grievance by or against an individual public
officer or employee.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all
citizens to participate. All persons
with disabilities that need auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the
Agenda items can be viewed on the
Countys website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html