Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INVOCATION BY DR. SANDY BECK OF THE CAROLINA BAPTIST ASSOCIATION
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
A. Minutes: June 6, 2011 – Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Approval of minutes from previous meetings
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
C. Tax Refunds
Routine monthly request for approval of tax refunds
D. Tax Releases
Routine monthly request for approval of tax releases
Routine monthly status report on current capital/facility projects
Routine monthly status report on current construction projects
Routine quarterly status report on fuel and energy usage
Request approval of changes to the Environmental Advisory Committee Bylaws
Request to surplus vehicles and authorize staff to sell the surplus vehicles
Request to credit funding expended by the Partnership against current rent payments
Request to set October 18th as the date for the banquet
Request for authorization for the Chairman to execute funding agreements
Request the Board approve a revised FY12 Consolidated Agreement with NCDHHS
Request to designate Chairman Edney as the Voting Delegate to the NCACC Annual Conference
Request approval to dispose of public records meeting the requirements of the County’s current Record Retention Policy
Request to amend Chapter 6 of the Henderson County Code to allow county departments to keep electronic records of public meetings and hearings instead of creating minutes or verbatim transcripts
Request to approve a reimbursement resolution for Pardee Hospital
Notification of citizen vacancies to County Boards and Committees
1. Fire and Rescue Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
2. Historic Resources Commission – 1 vac.
3. Hendersonville City Zoning Board of Adjustment – 3 vac.
4. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
Nominations of citizens to County Boards and Committees
Request for the Board to approve the tax collector’s settlement for Fiscal Year 2011 taxes, and further approve the bonds, the order of collection and charge for collection to the tax collector for Fiscal Year 2012 taxes
Request for the Board to approve the selection of So/Therm for the Power Purchase Agreement and Lease for the Solar Thermal Hot Water system at the Detention Center
Request for Board approval of amendments to the Broadcasting Policies and Procedures
Request for Board approval of amendments to the Animal Ordinance
The Board is requested to hear a presentation from Charlie Byrd, incoming Chairman of the Hendersonville ABC Board
Management Agreement involving Hospital Corporation and UNC Health Care
The Board is requested to discuss the possibility of evaluating the County’s Boards and Committees
The Board is requested to discuss the maintenance of public facilities
Routine Update from the County Manager
Upcoming schedule of meetings and events
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(1), to prevent disclosure of information that is privileged or confidential pursuant to the law of North Carolina or the United States, or not considered a public record within the meaning of Chapter 132 of the General Statutes. The matter is not a public record pursuant to the provisions of N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11, as the purpose of this closed session is to review general accounts from previous closed sessions for approval and, in some cases, for unsealing.
2. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(3), to consult with an attorney employed or retained by the Board to preserve attorney-client privilege.
3. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(4), to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses in Henderson County, including agreement on a tentative list of economic development incentives that may be offered by the Board in negotiations.
4. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(6), to consider the qualifications, competence, performance, character, fitness, conditions of appointment, or conditions of initial employment of an individual public officer or employee or prospective public officer or employee, or to hear or investigate a complaint, charge or grievance against an individual public officer or employee.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all citizens to participate. All persons with disabilities that need auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board at 828-697-4808, TDD number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html