County Board of Commissioners
100 North King Street, Hendersonville,
Monday, February 5, 2007
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Eagle Scouts from Troop 605
A. Minutes: September 20, 2006
December 18, 2006
B. Financial Report/Cash Balance Report December 2006
C. Henderson County Public Schools Financial
Reports December 2006
D. Property Lease
E. Extension Request for the Blue Moon on Pinnacle Peak
F. Extension Request for the River Stone Improvement Guarantee
G. Extension Request for Improvement Guarantee for the Timberwolf
Subdivision (Formally known as Jeter Mountain Subdivision)
H. Designation of plat review officers
I. Sale of tax foreclosed property in Hunters Crossing Subdivision
J. LEPC Annual Report for 2006
K. Petition for addition to State Road system
1. Bloomingdale Drive
L. Approval of Agreements for Federal Transit Reimbursement Funds
M. Resolution for permanent closure of easement on the John F
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
Public Facilities Task Force Charter 8 vac.
Regional 1 vac.
Crime Prevention Council 1 vac.
1. Agriculture Advisory Board 3 vac.
2. Animal Services Committee 3 vac.
3. Blue Ribbon Committee on Illegal Immigration 11 vac.
4. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees 1 vac.
5. Child Fatality Prevention Team 1 vac.
6. Environmental Advisory Committee 1 vac.
7. Equalization and Review Board 2 vac.
8. Fire and Rescue Advisory Committee 1 vac.
9. Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee 9 vac.
10. Henderson County Zoning Board of Adjustment 2 vac.
11. Hendersonville City Board of Adjustment 1 vac.
12. Hospital Corporation Board of Directors 1 vac.
13. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council 5 vac.
14. Mud Creek District Advisory Council/Water and Sewer Advisory
Council 3 vac.
15. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee 9 vac.
16. Planning for Older Adults Block Grant Advisory Committee 3
17. Recreation Advisory Board 3 vac.
18. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council 1 vac.
A. Tax Collectors Report
B. Public Input Plan for the Draft Land Development Code
C. Lewis Creek Water Management Project
D. NACo Prescription Drug Discount Card Program
E. Possible sale of (former) Public Health Department Building
1347 Spartanburg Highway, Hendersonville, NC
F. Blue Ribbon Committee on Illegal Immigration
G. Foothills Highland Games
H. Library policy regarding banned individuals
I. Update on Pending Issues
1. Land Development
A. County Attorneys
B. County Managers
PUBLIC HEARING New Road Names
7:00PM PUBLIC HEARING For Abandonment of State
Road 1102 (portion of Anders Rd.)
Library Groundbreaking February 8, 2007
B. Request for Public Hearing for abandonment of State Road 1114
C. Request for Public Hearing on permanent closing of easement
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - no business
CLOSED SESSION as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the
(a)(1) To prevent disclosure of information that is
privileged or confidential pursuant to the law of this State or of the United States,
or not considered a public record within the meaning of Chapter 132 of the
General Statutes, in accordance with and pursuant to NCGS 143-318.10(e) and
Article II of Chapter 11 of the Henderson County Code.
(a)(3) To consult with an attorney employed or
retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege
between the attorney and the public body.
3. (a)(4) To
discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other
businesses in the area served by the public body.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all
citizens to participate. All persons
with disabilities that need auxiliary aid
should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the
Agenda items can be viewed on the
Countys website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html