County Board of Commissioners
100 North King Street, Hendersonville,
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Minutes: September 25, 2006
B. Tax Collector’s Report
C. Tax Refunds
D. Tax Releases
E. 2006 Strategic Plan and Capital Projects Update
F. Improvement Guarantee for Soapstone Creek Estates
G. Recreation Facility Fees
H. Proposal from PBC&L
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
Crime Prevention Council – 2 vac.
1. Adequate Public Facilities Task Force Charter – 4 vac.
2. Blue Ribbon Committee on Illegal Immigration – 11 vac.
3. Blue Ridge Community College Board of Trustees – 2 vac.
4. Child Fatality Prevention Team – 1 vac.
5. Environmental Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
6. Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
7. Henderson County Zoning Board of Adjustment – 2 vac.
8. Hendersonville City Board of Adjustment – 1 vac.
9. Housing Consortium, Asheville Regional – 1 vac.
10. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 5 vac.
11. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 9 vac.
12. Planning for Older Adults Block Grant Advisory Committee – 3
13. Senior Volunteer Services Advisory Council – 1 vac.
A. Consideration of a Proposal to prepare an Adequate Public
Facilities Ordinance (APFO) for Henderson County
B. Discussion of the Extension Request for Improvement Guarantee
for the Timberwolf Subdivision (formally known as Jeter Mountain Subdivision)
C. Offer to purchase former Land Development Building
D. EMS Billing and Collections
E. Aerial (ortho) photography and surveyor choice
F. Authority for Staff to award contract on Orthophotography
G. Blue Ribbon Committee on Illegal Immigration Progress Report
H. Blue Ridge Community College Issues
I. Update on Pending Issues
A. County Attorney’s
B. County Manager’s
A. Set Public Hearing on Vested Rights Application (VR-2007-01)
for the development known as “The Glen and Highlands at Flat Rock”
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - no business
CLOSED SESSION –as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for
the following reason:
1. (a)(1) To prevent disclosure of information that is
privileged or confidential pursuant to the law of this State or of the United
States, or not considered a public record within the meaning of Chapter 132 of
the General Statues, in accordance with and pursuant to NCGS 143-318.10(e) and
Article II of Chapter 11 of the Henderson County Code.
2. (a)(3) To
consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order
to preserve the
attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all
citizens to participate. All persons
with disabilities that need auxiliary aid should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the
Agenda items can be viewed on the
County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html