Henderson County Board of Commissioners
1 Historic Courthouse Square, Hendersonville, NC
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
INFORMAL PUBLIC COMMENTS
DISCUSSION/ADJUSTMENT OF AGENDA
A. Minutes: February 3, 2014 – Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
Routine monthly report on current tax collections
Routine monthly request for approval of tax releases and tax refunds
Request to deny a request for release or refund of tax claims
Requests the Board agree to the lease extension proposed with Henderson County Partnership for Economic Development, and authorize the chair and staff to execute the same
Requests the Board set a public hearing for March 17, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
Request to approve a contract with Solutions for Local Government for the EMS/Rescue Squad Study
Notification to the Board of new vacancies on County Boards and Committees
1. Equalization and Review, Henderson County Board of – 5 vac.
2. Industrial Facilities and Pollution Control Financing Authority – 3 vac.
3. Mountain Valleys Resource Conservation and Development Program – 1 vac.
4. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 3 vac.
Nominations and appointment of citizens to County Board and Committees
Request from Fletcher Town Council for discussion on a Fletcher Library
Requests the Board review the Plan, and provide direction to Staff
Requests the Board delete of Article III or Chapter 45 of the Code, which was rewritten and replaced by Park One of Article VIII
Presentation of information on smoking perimeter consideration
Routine Update from the County Manager
Upcoming schedule of meetings and events
The Board is requested to go into closed session pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a), for the following reasons:
1. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(3), to consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body, which privilege is hereby acknowledged. To consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to consider and give instructions to the attorney with respect to a claim.
2. Pursuant to N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-318.11(a)(4), to discuss matters relating to the location or expansion of industries or other businesses in Henderson County, including agreement on a tentative list of economic development incentives that may be offered by the Board in negotiations.
Agenda items can be viewed on the County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html