County Board of Commissioners
100 North King Street, Hendersonville,
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
A. Minutes: April 10, 2006
B. Tax Collector’s Report
C. Title Attorney contract, Crisis Housing Assistance Fund grant
D. Sale of parcel owned by Henderson County Hospital Corporation
E. Improvement Guarantee for Cloven Cliffs
F. Resolution – National Day of Prayer 2006
G. EMS Accounts Receivable Report
H. Crisis Housing Assistance Funds Grant Program Amended Funding
Approval and Disaster Budget
A. NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES
1. Industrial Facilities and Pollution Control Authority – 1 vac.
1. Animal Services Committee – 1 vac.
2. Apple Country Greenway Committee – 2 vac.
3. Child Fatality Prevention Team – 1 vac.
4. Henderson County Planning Board – 3 vac.
5. Henderson County Transportation Advisory Committee – 1 vac.
6. Hendersonville City Zoning Board of Adjustment – 1 vac.
7. Juvenile Crime Prevention Council – 5 vac.
8. Mountain Area Workforce Development Board – 1 vac.
9. Nursing/Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee – 7 vac.
10. Solid Waste Advisory Committee – 2 vac.
A. Local Option Sales Tax Distribution Method
B. Lease with Henderson County Historic Courthouse Corporation
C. Draft Nuisance Ordinance
D. Update Concerning Economic Development Activities
E. Sanitary Sewer Interceptor Projects Financing Options
F. Financing Resolution: Sugarloaf Road School, Mills River
School, Historic Courthouse, Technology Education Building
G. Update on Pending Issues
Development Code Update
H. Strategic Monthly Report
A. County Attorney’s
B. County Manager’s
11:00 PUBLIC HEARING – CDBG
Infrastructure Grant Closeout Howard Gap
11:00 PUBLIC HEARING – Rural
Operating Assistance Program Grant Application Public Hearing
A. Schedule Public Hearing for Solid Waste Management Plan Update
B. Schedule Workshop – County Recycling Efforts
WATER & SEWER DISTRICT - no business
CLOSED SESSION as allowed pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 for the
(a)(3) To consult with an attorney employed or
retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege
between the attorney and the public body.
Henderson County believes it is the right of all citizens
to participate. All persons with
disabilities that need auxiliary aid
should contact the Clerk to the Board
at (828) 697-4808, T.D.D. number 697-4580, at least 48 hours prior to the
Agenda items can be viewed on the
County’s website at http://www.hendersoncountync.org/agendas/index.html