The Henderson County Board of Commissioners met for a special called meeting at at the Etowah Branch Library. The purpose of the meeting was a groundbreaking ceremony for the Etowah Branch Library.
attendance were: Chairman Bill Moyer,
Also present were:
CALL TO ORDER/WELCOME
Chairman Moyer called the meeting to order and welcomed all in attendance. Chairman Moyer was the Master of Ceremonies for the Groundbreaking Ceremony. He offered some interesting facts regarding the history of the Etowah Library:
· The Etowah Public Library, sponsored by the Etowah Lions Club, opened in a mobile classroom in 1982.
following year the Etowah Grange offered its building on
· In 1993, the building was expanded thanks to the estate of Molly Wells.
· The Friends of the Henderson County Library are the beneficiaries of the estate of Richard J. and Betty A. Scott. The Community Foundation of Henderson County is the trustee of the estate. Funds from this estate designated for library use can only be used to support the Etowah Library. These funds will cover 52% of the project costs.
new library will total 8,100 square feet and will be located on a 2.52 acre
site, also on
· The new facility will house a larger collection of library materials, provide additional reader space, a separate children’s library, and two meeting rooms.
· The architects for the project are Craig, Gaulden and Davis of Greenville, S.C.
contractor is Cooper Construction Company of
Other items on the agenda were:
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY REMARKS
Chairman Moyer adjourned the meeting.
Elizabeth W. Corn, Clerk to the Board William L. Moyer, Chairman